Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Potentially the Greatest Thesis Proposal Ever to be Written in All of History

This idea is so epic that I have to use a line immortalized by Jurassic Park: "Hold on to your butts."

I was thinking about topics for my upcoming thesis, most likely leaning towards wind energy generation. Obviously my topic would be infinity times better if I could include bacon in some way (like some Bacon-Matrix-Composite material), but it didn't look like it would pan out. Then Andrew and I had a very frank, illuminating discussion about a new type of energy that will change the world. Bacon-Energy.

No. Not poop. Let me explain.

Get out your wallets, because I'm going to need a lot of start-up capital to get this thing off the ground. Imagine hundreds of thousands of giant hamster wheels, hundreds of thousands of pigs, a little bit of food and a few generators and BAM --> Gigawatts of energy and delicious, delicious bacon.
The greatest part is, once the pigs have used up their energy potential, they can then be converted to delicious lean bacon! You get energy AND bacon! But that's not all.
You then take ~50% of the bacon you produce, and use it to feed the next generation of energy producing modules (pigs). Since cannibalism doesn't require your digestive system to break down the protein as much, the pigs build muscle way faster. This means MOAR ENERGY AND MOAR BACON!!! Plus, PETA will get SO cheezed-off! Win-Win-Win!

I think this will go down in history as the greatest mechanical engineering thesis to have ever been proposed by Man.

FYI, here is the a recap of the conversation that led us to this momentous discovery:
Andrew: what about bacon-power
me: like...like pooping?
Andrew: no no
you need to think bigger
me: diarrhea
Andrew: hundreds of thousands of pigs running in giant hamster wheels
when they're all worn out, you get bacon
and it's 90% lean too
me: my god
Andrew: indeed
me: that's just crazy enough to work
and hyper efficient too!
feed them ~50% of the bacon from the worn-out pigs
Andrew: i'm not sure peta would like it, but you could heat homes and feed people.
me: i know, it would be perfect AND PETA gets pissed off
win-win-win
Andrew: oh my goodness, you've stumbled upon the most efficient use of cannibalism in history
me: I KNOW
and the digestive systems won't have to break down the proteins as much, because they are already in the form that the pigs need
so these pigs just become SUPER MUSCLY
Andrew: omg super pigs
me: = more energy + MOAR BACON!!!
Andrew: MOAR BACON
me: it's an exponential loop
Andrew: no kidding
me: it probably plateaus after the pigs get insanely huge, but whatevs
we'll maximize energy production and bacon deliciocity at that point
Andrew: well
what do you start with
giant wheels
kinetic generators
a shitload of pigs
and some food
me: yeah, and after that it is just maintenance and butchers
Andrew: and you end with fertilizer to fertilize MORE FOOD for the pigs, you end up with electricity, you end up with BACON
i just don't see how this is a losing strategy
me: so, high start-up cost, but i predict you could make up that money within the first year in bacon/energy sales
Andrew: you could even put fins or sails on the wheels and create your close-minded "wind power"
me: i'm sick to my stomach just thinking about the prospects here
Andrew: yeah, this really could put a new face on the existing american industrial agriculture model
less evil, more delicious
me: i'm so happy just thinking about the shear number of people this idea could piss off
Andrew: energy corporations, small business farmers, oscar meyer, peta
lada gaga would probably like it though
me: that's fine

No comments:

Post a Comment